A special thank you to the NMIS Dad who compiled the financial help resources for us!

Small Business Resources

For small businesses, the U.S. Small Business Association has a good breakdown of small business assistance information.  It is also recommended that you speak with your bank and reach out to your CPA for help applying and calculating your loan amount.



Now is a good time to talk with your bank.  If you have loans, you may be able to request deferral/forbearance.  Also, if you are applying for a Payroll Protection Program (PPP) Loan under the CARES Act, your bank is the best source for the requirements, which may be different than those put out by the U.S. Small Business Administration.  If your bank is not accepting loans anymore, you can find out now and have time to look for another bank.

Not Feeling


The Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault and Stalking legal helpline is accepting calls during the COVID-19 crisis. The legal helpline is opened Monday through Friday from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM to assist victims of domestic abuse, sexual assault and stalking with legal issues they are facing.

Call 1-877-974-3400



For employees, the New Mexico Department of Workforce Solutions is the best source.  Also, if you have a CPA, now is a good time to reach out to them to ensure that your finances are in order.



New Mexico Legal Aid offers services to those in need of legal assistance.  They have  temporarily changed their Statewide Intake Telephone Line number to 505-633-6694. They respectfully ask that you call this number, leave only your name and a telephone number.  An Intake Screener/Specialist will call you back as soon as possible during normal business hours.

Financial Hardship Resources

Find information about jobs, obtaing healthcare, childcare, food, housing, handling utility phone bills, and more.



For all of us caregivers who just became teachers in addition to parents and remote employees, the FFCRA requires certain employers to provide paid sick or FMLA leave for people whose "son or daughter" requires care because the childcare facility, including schools, are closed.

Rent & Eviction Resources

The New Mexico Supreme Court has paused evictions for New Mexicans who prove that they are unable to pay rent during the COVID-19 public health emergency.
If a landlord begins an eviction proceeding, the renter will receive a summons that notifies them of the lawsuit and explains that they can participate in a hearing before a judge. Court hearings are conducted by video or telephone during the public health emergency, unless the parties ask to appear in person. To stop an eviction, renters must participate in the hearing and provide the judge with evidence of their current inability to pay their rent. 

The summons you receive from the court will give you directions about how to participate in the hearing. Contact information for legal assistance is available on the website.

Can the NMISF help you and your business during the Covid-19 pandemic?

© 2020 by NM International School Foundation. 

Email us:

Find us: 

7215 Montgomery Blvd NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109